Can I help you?
If clients are honest, typically they have been bumping into the same issue for a while. A business problem that has been growing for long time, now needs fixing once and for all.
That means breaking huge challenges into bite size chunks, creating a credible plan, getting funding and sign-off to act, and then getting started.
To their boss, I am a safe pair of hands who creates order, direction and positive momentum.
To my clients, I am the person who enhances their confidence, boosts their career prospects, and helps them get home before the kids go to bed.
Who I help
Functional experts in senior leadership positions benefit most from my work. This means people with a logical / scientific / financial / technical background who are now CEO, CFO, GM or similar.
Clients typically work for a market challenger, non-profit, or institution.
Commercial projects with a large dose of behavioural change and technology. Innovation. First phase execution.
- Commercial turnaround strategy design for a mobile telecoms company which delivered a $45m contribution improvement within nine months.
- Behavioural change management of a successful ERP implementation for a state mining services company.
- Turnaround plan design and successful procurement tender leadership for an IT transformation in a 1,500 person non-profit.
- Introduction of video judging into Australia’s most successful Olympic sport and innovation now adopted by the global governing body.
Who I am
I’m a business fixer, unblocker, organiser, bridge builder, insight giver, facilitator and innovator. My testimonials give a good view of what others value in me.
By truly integrating the commercial and human aspects of organisational performance, I get to the heart of issues. I am passionate about supporting people achieve better results, and use a unusual blend of directive consulting advice and non-judgmental coaching.
My corporate experience includes 25 years in operational, management and leadership positions, mostly in multi-nationals. As a result of living and working in 5 countries and multiple sectors, I have extremely broad experience and perspectives.
Although I can do many things myself, today my passion is enabling and empowering others.
What I’m not good at
Sales or work requiring detailed compliance are not my strengths. I do not work well for people who are not prepared to step outside their comfort zone.
I’m quite logical, a natural planner, like numbers and am best at marathons (not sprints). This fits well with some people, but not others.
What else I do
- Producer of the Smart Business Transformation podcast.
- Author of the book Right is Wrong, 8 essential steps to avoid the pitfalls that smart people make when transforming their organisation.
- Founder of the GFChart Business Intelligence software. Satisfied customers in over 70 countries!
- Founder of the Swim.Rocks community for swimming people who stay dry. Global leader in online training for swimming technical officials. 2,200 successful course passes to date!
- Founder of the VolunteerGenius.pro volunteer recruitment and enablement platform.
Qualifications, Awards & Courses
- AWS Machine Learning Speciality Certification (Teachable)
- The Marketing Seminar, Seth Godin (USA online)
- Designing Blockchain Solutions, RMIT University (online)
- Blockchain Strategy Programme, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford (UK online)
- Raising your game, Conner Academy (USA visiting Australia)
- Introduction to Data Science, University of Washington (USA online)
- PROSCI Change Management accreditation, Being Human (Australia)
- Business Coaching certifications, Shirlaws (Australia)
- Solution Focussed Coaching, Institute of Coaching and Consulting Psychology (Australia)
- Sustainable High Performance and Resilience, The Resilience Institute / SpringFox (Australia)
- MBA with Distinction (top 10%), University of Warwick (UK)
- Certificate in Management Studies, University of Wolverhampton (UK)
- Chartered Engineer, Institute of Engineering and Technology (UK)
- Batchelor of Science with Honours, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Bath (UK)